Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2022

More 3D Printed Vehicles

This will be the last post on this subject for  the forseeable future - promise! I think I've filled in all the gaps that need to be filled in my 1939 collection.

Firstly, I obtained a couple of FT-17s from a French guy who sells on Etsy, mainly doing French WW1 vehicles. Follow this link. As I have come to expect, top quality models at a reasonable price.

FT-17 in standard Polish 1939 camo.

A rare colour photo gives an idea of the original camouflage look.

Secondly, Garry at Paint and Glue provided a couple of Polish armoured cars to upgrade my recce options.

Wz.34 on the left, Wz.39 Ursus on the right.
Painting only just started!

And finally, I tried out Battlefield 3D for an Sdkfz 221 model.

221 on the left, compared with a Zvezda Sdkfz 222.

I'm very happy with all these purchases and can recommend all the sellers concerned. This journey into 3D printed models has been a delight. At last, accurate, freely available and reasonably-priced models can be purchased for what remains a bit of a niche period for WW2 gaming.

I'm hoping  a real, actual game report will follow in a week or two and some of these models can be seen in action.

'Til next time!

3 comments:

Steve J. said...

As mentioned before, the 3D printing processes bring so many options to us gamers that we could only have dreamed of, even just 5 years ago.

Keith Flint said...

Quite right. I seem to have been a bit behind the drag curve on this.

Drew Jarman said...

Until 31st July 1940 all German motor vehicles were painted two thirds Panzer Grey, one third Maroon Brown. This means that to accurately model 1939 & 1940 you need duplicate vehicles because the National Cross marking was changed after the end of the Polish campaign following combat experience.