- I would concentrate on WW2 fighters. They would be economical on shelf space (always an issue for the model kit builder), and they had formed the heart of my old obsession back in the 1960s.
- Five kits only. One from each of the 5 major nations - Britain, the U.S., Germany, Russia and Japan. See 'shelf space' above.
- The kits would be bought from model shops. This was a great idea - supporting local businesses, and re-visiting the old feeling of wondering what would be in stock, and not always finding exactly what you wanted.
- Airfix preferred, but other companies not excluded.
- Don't overdo the standard of finish. Aim for fairly rapid completion to link with my style of work as a kid.
The Vought Corsair was my other choice: