Followers

Sunday 15 August 2021

Cotswold Wargaming Day - Update

COTSWOLD WARGAMING DAY 2021
SUNDAY 3rd OCTOBER 08.30 - 17.00
Westwoods Community Centre
Bassett Road
Northleach GL54 3QJ


The good news is that this event is going ahead as planned. The restriction in numbers has been lifted, and the only covid issues will be a requirement to sign-in and use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the venue. Masks are not required.

An email has gone out to all on my mailing list. At the moment, 9 games have been offered, but not all are confirmed yet. We will have the use of a decent-sized side room this year which will give a bit more space, but I think I'll set a limit of 10 games to avoid overcrowding. If anyone not on the mailing list or who hasn't received an email wants to get in touch and/or swap contact details, I think the best plan is to send me a private message via the Honours of War website. If you have any problems let me know by leaving a comment here.

It's looking like it could be a great day. Not much to add to the post I put out on 12th April. If you've attended before, it will be the same format but with a smaller second room in use. If you're a new attendee, I suggest you bring some food (although the town is 2 minutes drive away and has a cafe, wine bar and pub if you prefer), and bring any stuff you want to sell or give away. And bring some cash to buy other people's stuff to replace the stuff you've just got rid of.

Ooh, I think I'm getting a bit excited!

See you there!

18 comments:

The Tiberian General. said...

Roll on 3rd of October, looking forward to an other wonderful day of gaming and companionship. .


Willz Harley

Steve J. said...

Really looking forward to this Keith and like you, getting a little bit excited too:)

Stuart S said...

Count me in Keith looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers
Stu

Neil Moulden said...

Hi Keith. Sorry going to have to pull out running a game. Not well enough to do all day at the moment. I still plan on poping up for an hour or so as long as I'm able. I'll bring some of my Old school 6mm so you can see what I'm up to.
Cheers.
Neil.

Keith Flint said...

Thanks for letting me know Neil. Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. See you on the 3rd!

Unknown said...

Hello, I will be in the area on October 3rd, I am a veteran wargamer, not played Napoleonics before but just bought some Austrians. Would I be ok just pop in and have a look?

Many thanks
Jack

Keith Flint said...

Of course Jack. You're very welcome.

Unknown said...

Thank you Keith

The Tiberian General. said...

Good luck with your gaming day Keith, sadly events conspired against me as you know I am unable to attend.

Willz.

David Burrows said...

Was not able to make it in 2021; any idea of the date for the 2022 occurance?

Keith Flint said...

Not yet, but I hope to decide on a date by the end of February.

Anonymous said...

Ok thanks

David Burrows said...

Hi Keith

Any update?

thanks

Keith Flint said...

David - Sunday 25th September.

See here

David Burrows said...

Thanks!

David Burrows said...

Usual venue @ Westwoods?

Keith Flint said...

Dave, where did it all go wrong? Check the link to the latest post. Please.

David Burrows said...

hi Keith - well clearly it had as I had not seen the latest post... thanks David