Followers

Friday 22 February 2019

Cotswold Wargaming Day 2019

When the 2018 Cotswold Wargaming Day went so well, it was no-brainer to have another go in 2019. There was clearly plenty of scope for the event to expand, and this is what I want to happen this year.

The winner of last year's Stuart Asquith Trophy for Best Game - 'Talavera in 20mm'.

Cotswold Wargaming Day 2019

10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 1st September 2019
The Westwoods Community Centre
Bassett Road
Northleach GL54 3QJ

The ethos of the event is a friendly and informal meeting of miniature wargamers, to chat, relax, exchange ideas, and play games. There are no traders. There will be the chance to bring books and gaming items you want to exchange, give away or sell - but not a formal bring and buy. Last year we had 5 games set up, this year I want to double that if possible, but that means more attendees will be needed. So this is an open invitation to come along, and invite your wargaming friends. You can apply to put on a game if you fancy it.

The venue is a modern, light and spacious local community centre, with a main hall, a side room and a decent kitchen area for getting teas, coffees and biscuits (which were provided free last year). I requested £5 a head in 2018 just to cover costs, and I will doing the same this year. If you missed the 2018 event, check these links to see what went on:



It is helpful for me to know how many to expect, so if you think you might want to come and are not already on the mailing list, leave a comment with your email address if you are comfortable doing so. If not, go onto the Honours of War website and leave me (the administrator) a private message. The same applies if you want to put on a game.

If you need more info, I can answer any questions via the 'comments' facility for this post..

I hope to see some of you there!

10 comments:

Graham C said...

Keith
Please send me some details - cranntara_miniatures@yahoo.co.uk I'm quite keen on bringing the armies down for an outing.
Graham

David said...

Please add me to your mailing list = Dave Knight djkmbro@yahoo.co.uk

Keith Flint said...

Great! Thanks guys, I'll be in touch.

David Manley said...

I should be OK for this. Let me know if you'd like a naval game, I have seveal participation type games that I could put on if needed (Stingray, Cod Wars, Mad Wet Max, Thunderboats or Privateers at the moment, possibly a new game by then)

david.manley@btinternet.com

Keith Flint said...

David, great to hear from you. A naval game sounds great. I'll put you on the mailing list. I don't have anything more to say at the moment than is contained in the post, so don't worry if you don't hear for while.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith me and a couple of mates would like to put on a home brewed wild west game called Liberdy as participation game if you've got spaces still, 6x4.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

As per Liberdy game above my name is Shaun and my dreamholme@aol.com

Keith Flint said...

Thanks for your interest gentlemen. The game sounds just the thing to bring a bit of variety to the day, so assume a yes for the time being. I'll add your email to the list - I will probably be sending an email update in early May.

Neil Moulden said...

A little late but could you put me on the mailing list neilmoulden@hotmail.com . Also I would be interested in attending the gathering this year.
Cheers.

Keith Flint said...

Good news Neil. I'll send you the latest update. You're officially invited! Hope to have a chat with you on the 1st.