Followers

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Santa And The Egyptian Chariots

I don't normally ask Santa for wargames stuff at Christmas, as doing so feels a little cold-blooded. I prefer my presents to be a little more spontaneous (and perhaps a little less warlike during the Season Of Goodwill). But this year I wanted to push on my ancient armies a bit further, and so requested some HCH Figures painted Egyptian war chariots. 

And so, much to my pleased surprise, four of them duly turned up. About a week of occasional construction found them based and ready to go. These guys are £20 each, fully painted but needing some putting together. As with all the HCH painted products I have purchased so far, I was more than happy with the completed models. 



These are, like the war elephants from the same company, wonderfully weighty models with a fine heft to them. The chariots themselves are not perhaps as colourful as some models you see photos of, but this does not bother me. The bright horses and crew create a fine impression.

These guys join my three Assyrian heavy chariots to form the chariot corps of my imaginary Paphlagonian army. The heavies now rejoice under the name of the 'Guard Chariots', whilst the lights are to be known as the 'Sinope Chariots'. 

A couple of units of Victrix legionaries and maybe a unit of Persian Immortals will just about finish off the armies I want. I don't want the project to get out of hand, and my WW2 and SYW gaming are beginning to feel neglected.

Ah, the satisfactions of a successfully proceeding project!

6 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Very nice!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Ask and ye shall receive!

They are lovely!

Phil said...

Love them, they look superb!

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Keith, I didnt realise that HCH were still going. They have done a very nice job on them.

Keith Flint said...

Exactly what I thought Robbie when I came across an advert for their serivices in an old wargame magazine - but they appear to be still going strong. A company which deserves to be better known - their customer service is first class.

Steve J. said...

They look great Keith and really nice to see your project proceeding as planned. Time soon to get some SYW or WWII gaming in though!