Followers

Saturday 25 October 2014

Fury

"War Never Ends Quietly' - what kind of dumb line is that?

I normally like to keep this blog strictly wargaming, but I went to see the latest Brad Pitt war film last night, and I wanted to share my experience. As the film ended, the guy next to me said to his girlfriend "That was so fake". He was so right.

The battle scenes are desperately unconvincing, the bits of drama in between the battle scenes don't work, and the climax is 20 minutes of Hollywood gung-ho nonsense.

This is a stupid film, and if this is the best the American film industry can do 69 years after the event, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly, don't bother. Over and out.

6 comments:

GrumbleJones said...

I would have to agree for the most part. I did enjoy seeing the Bovington Tiger in action and some of the scenes had value, but as an overall movie, it's more stale, Hollywood over the top tripe.

Not sure if you have seen the HBO series, The Pacific. I found that to be well worth the time.

Keith Flint said...

Yes, Pacific wasn't bad at all, and of course Band of Brothers was pretty good. To be fair, your comment that 'some scenes had value' is reasonable, but my overall impression was very negative.

Steve J. said...

Thanks for the review keith. I had my doubts when I saw the trailer, which yours and other reviews have confirmed. Doubt I will even buy the DVD when in the cheap ASDA bin...

Adam J said...

So .....your still undecided then Keith??!

Keith Flint said...

That's right Adam, still sitting on the fence.

Mervyn said...

Have to agree with you...the usual cliches regurgitated again after all these years. I never expect much from Holywood but this was embarassing stuff.