Followers

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Airborne Armour - New Edition

 I was pleasantly surprised recently when Helion & Company got in touch with me to say a new edition of Airborne Armour was coming out, and they would be sending me a free author copy.


The first thing to say is that there are no changes to the text - as I said above, I only knew the new edition was coming out when Helion told me! What Helion have produced is a paperback of 224 pages, containing the full book, but using thinner, shiny paper to give something significantly slimmer than the original hardback. The shiny paper improves the quality of reproduction of the photos, and overall the book quality is what you would expect from a reputable publisher like Helion. I am well pleased.

The front and back covers feature new photos which are both interesting. It was slightly frustrating to see that the rear cover photo is of a six-pounder being loaded on to a Horsa glider, which is of little relevance to the 6th AARR, but what the heck. It's still an interesting photo.

My advice is to buy this edition, even if you already have a copy of the book. Tell all your friends (and family) to buy a copy as well. Spread the word on the internet. I need the money to spend on figures and models.

'Til next time!

3 comments:

Steve J. said...

An excellent book Keith and good to see it getting a re-print:)! You should check out the Tank Museum's Youtube channel as they have a good episode on Airborne Tanks and their development, which I found really interesting and lots of great footage too.

Keith Flint said...

Thanks Steve. I'll check that out.

Steve J. said...

Here's the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTpAl_GGNg